Sunday, May 1, 2011

I'm hooked!

Well the first contest is in the books...and as predicted, I enjoyed it.  I enjoyed it so much so that I'm doing it again on May 21st.  The Mrs. was a great ace in the hole and does a helluva job putting a tan on (secretly I think she enjoyed smacking me, and taking out pent up aggravation).  I even got to see a side of the Mrs. that I do not see often, her competitive side.  Her adrenaline was just as high as mine.  As advertised, the leader of the band Omar prepped me well and had me confident and dialed in.  My friends and family were there cheering loud and proud, for that I'm grateful.  Thank you as well to Dave and Monique for putting on a great show. 

In the end I placed 2nd in the Novice short class and 3rd in the Open short class.  I'd be lying if I didn't say I was not slightly disappointed.  I'm a competitor and achieving my goals is what drives me.  I came up slightly short (no pun intended).  But I walked away with some great feedback and feeling good after validating how close I was to winning the Novice class.  While I'm excited about May 21st, I'm even more excited about hitting the weaknesses and giving my body time to tighten up this summer.  September 10th is already penciled in! 



No comments:

Post a Comment